Youth Firearms Experience Membership
3 Hours Bi-Weekly
4 per membership offering
Through engaging and interactive science experiments, drills, expert instruction, and trigger time, the youth in this membership will have unprecedented access to one-of-a-kind firearms training. This training will be accomplished by allowing the youth the regular opportunity to gain knowledge about firearms, ammunition, and marksmanship in a hands-on style. In this membership, youth can look forward to:
- Learning and regularly implementing the four fundamental firearms safety rules
- Understanding firearms' cycle of operations
- Learning how to properly care for a firearm
- Participating in gun powder experiments, thus understanding the differences in the burn rate between different types of gun powder
- Shooting at ballistics gelatin and then retrieving the rounds to view a bullet's deformation
- Shooting at fruit and witnessing the energy differences between various cartridges and projectiles.
- Participating in gallery and competition style shooting
Following this course, students will be well prepared to engage in firearms competitions, a talent that they can enjoy throughout their lives and may one day pay for their college education.
Items Needed for Class:
- A notepad and pencil
- Something to drink
- A snack
This membership will be capped at four students. If a parent or guardian wishes to relinquish their child's membership, they can do so at any time, however, in the event of a vacancy, the first person on the membership waiting list will be given the opportunity to fill that vacancy and that person who dropped the membership, will be placed on the bottom of the waiting list if they wish to re-register at another time. A registration fee will NOT be collected for this membership.