Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry
Why you Should Train with us:
At Independence Indoor Shooting, we
- Hire only competent and down-to-earth instructors
- Focus on the student
- Have climate-controlled classrooms and indoor range
- Are in the Boise metro area
- Utilize state-of-the-art training aids and literature
- Include rental firearms as part of the instruction (if needed)
Class Duration: 8 Hours
$150.00/Person (Regular Class fee)
$135.00/Person (Senior ECCW Class Discount)
$270.00/Couple (Couple's ECCW Class Discount)
REGISTER FOR THESE CLASSES ON THE LEFT OF THIS PAGE
Class Participation Requirements:
- Senior ECCW discount: Must be 60 years of age or older
- Couple's ECCW discount: Must register two (2) participants in the same transaction
This course satisfies the requirements of Idaho Code 18-3302K, enabling students to apply for an Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit as well as an Oregon Concealed Carry Permit.
Students enrolled in this course will:
- Learn the laws pertaining to armed self-defense in Idaho.
- Learn where the Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit is recognized and where it is not, including state reciprocity.
- Understand the responsibilities attached to an individual who chooses to carry a concealed firearm.
Additional course topics include:
- What kind of pistol to carry, how to carry it, and why
- Situational awareness and confrontation avoidance
- Adopting a defensive mindset
- Strategies and responses to an attack
- Psychological processes prior to, during, and after an armed encounter
- Legal processes prior to, during, and after an armed encounter
Students will participate in a 120 round standardized course of fire. This course of fire is not timed and has been adopted by IIS as a basic tool to measure a student's proficiency. It also allows the student to identify what skills they need to hone, allowing them to carry and use a firearm with confidence.
Items Needed for Class:
- A positive attitude
- Eye and Ear protection (clear lenses and ear muffs preferred)
- Semi-auto pistol and at least two (2) magazines
- 120 rounds of ammunition (minimum) 150 rounds of ammunition preferred
- Pistol Rug or Range Bag for pistol transportation to the Range
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Water and snacks