Enhanced Concealed Carry
Class Duration: 8 Hours
Class Cost: $150.00
This course satisfies the requirements of Idaho Code 18-3302K, enabling students to apply for an Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit as well as an Oregon Concealed Carry Permit.
Students enrolled in this course will:
- Learn the laws pertaining to armed self-defense in Idaho.
- Learn where the Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit is recognized and where it is not, including state reciprocity.
- Understand the responsibilities attached to an individual who chooses to carry a concealed firearm.
Additional course topics include:
- What kind of pistol to carry, how to carry it, and why
- Situational awareness and confrontation avoidance
- Adopting a defensive mindset
- Strategies and responses to an attack
- Psychological processes prior to, during, and after an armed encounter
- Legal processes prior to, during, and after an armed encounter
Students will fire a minimum of 100 rounds of pistol ammunition, including a 40 round standardized course of fire. This course of fire is not under any time constraints and has been adopted by IIS as a basic tool to show the student what they need to work on in order to carry and use a pistol with confidence.
This is an intermediate level class. Students should attend only after attaining a basic understanding of firearm marksmanship, operation, and maintenance.
Items Needed for Class:
- A positive attitude
- Eye and Ear protection (clear lenses and ear muffs preferred)
- Semi-auto pistol and at least two (2) magazines
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Strong-side outside-waistband holster that covers trigger guard
- Magazine carrier (preferably without flaps)
- Pistol Rug or Range Bag for pistol transportation to the Range
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Water and snacks