Are we too full in this month's course?
register for our Overflow Range Portion below:
This option is offered for students wishing to participate in this month's Enhanced Concealed Carry course even after the course has reached its capacity.
This means that students enrolled in this section can participate in the classroom and legal instruction with the rest of the student body, but participate in the range instruction when the rest of the students have completed their range time.
If seats become available in the regular shooting portion (a very common scenario), students enrolled in the overflow will have the first opportunity to fill that vacancy.
Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry
Why you Should Train with us:
At Independence Indoor Shooting, we
- Hire only competent and down-to-earth instructors
- Focus on the student
- Have climate-controlled classrooms and indoor range
- Are in the Boise metro area
- Utilize state-of-the-art training aids and literature
- Include rental firearms as part of the instruction (if needed)
Class Duration: 8 Hours
Class Cost: $150.00
This course satisfies the requirements of Idaho Code 18-3302K, enabling students to apply for an Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit as well as an Oregon Concealed Carry Permit.
Students enrolled in this course will:
- Learn the laws pertaining to armed self-defense in Idaho.
- Learn where the Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit is recognized and where it is not, including state reciprocity.
- Understand the responsibilities attached to an individual who chooses to carry a concealed firearm.
Additional course topics include:
- What kind of pistol to carry, how to carry it, and why
- Situational awareness and confrontation avoidance
- Adopting a defensive mindset
- Strategies and responses to an attack
- Psychological processes prior to, during, and after an armed encounter
- Legal processes prior to, during, and after an armed encounter
Students will participate in a 120 round standardized course of fire. This course of fire is not timed and has been adopted by IIS as a basic tool to measure a student's proficiency. It also allows the student to identify what skills they need to hone, allowing them to carry and use a firearm with confidence.
Items Needed for Class:
- A positive attitude
- Eye and Ear protection (clear lenses and ear muffs preferred)
- Semi-auto pistol and at least two (2) magazines
- 120 rounds of ammunition (minimum) 150 rounds of ammunition preferred
- Pistol Rug or Range Bag for pistol transportation to the Range
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Water and snacks