MACHINE GUN PROFICIENCY COMPETITION
Duration: 2 Hours
Available Seats: 16 per competition
Machine Gun Rental:
Machine Guns can be rented at the range counter prior to the competition.
Full-Auto Firearm Manipulation course completion
NOTE: YOU MUST SATISFY ONE OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED REQUIREMENTS BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION
Bi-monthly and the first Tuesday night of the month
Competition Times: 8-10 p.m.
Safety Meeting Times:
The first 15 minutes of each competition (this is a mandatory meeting to participate)
In this USPSA style competition, competitors will engage targets in a pre-designed course of fire. Competitors will shoot for the fastest time.
These competitions are brought to you through a partnership of Independence Indoor Shooting and the Idaho Automatic Weapons Collectors' Association (IAWCA).
Items Needed for Competition:
- Eye and ear protection (safety glasses are mandatory, over-the-glasses eye protection will be required for those with prescription lenses)
- A forward facing billed hat
- A sub-machine gun
- 200-300 rounds of ammunition
- A gun case
- At least three (3) magazines
COMPETITION SAFETY RULES AND RANGE COMMANDS:
SAFETY IS THE PRIMARY GOAL DURING THESE COMPETITIONS, THEREFORE, A COLD RANGE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. TO HELP MAINTAIN A COLD RANGE, SHOOTERS ARE REQUIRED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES AND POLICIES.
ONE'S FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE PROCEDURES AND POLICIES WILL DISQUALIFY THEM FROM THE COMPETITION AND FUTURE COMPETITIONS.
THE FOLLOWING SAFETY BREECHES ARE ALL GROUNDS FOR A PERSON'S IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE COMPETITION AND EXPULSION FROM THE RANGE.
NOT OBSERVING THE RANGE OFFICER'S COMMANDS
A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE
BREAKING THE 180 DEGREE FIRING LINE
"MUZZLING" OR "FLAGGING" ANOTHER WITH A FIREARM
HANDLING A FIREARM BEHIND THE FIRING LINE AND DURING A NO SHOOT PERIOD (COLD RANGE)
BELOW ARE THE RANGE COMMANDS TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH.
"Shooter to the Line"
- The shooter that was "on deck" will move to the firing line.
"Load and Make Ready"
- The shooters will uncase their firearm.
- The shooter will load their firearm.
- The shooter will assume the low ready position.
- No response necessary
- If "no", shout it loud enough for the RSO to hear
- The shooter will wait for the signal to begin engaging their targets
"Fire" or Audible Buzz from Shot Timer
- The shooter will engage their targets
"Winner" or Buzz
- At this signal, the shooter will cease firing. A winner has been identified.
"Unload and Show Clear"
- The shooter will lock their actions open and show the RSO an empty chamber.
"Hammer Down and Holster"
- Once the firearm is deemed clear, the shooter will dry fire their firearm and recase their firearm