PRE-COMPETITION FUN SHOOT
Duration: 1 Hour
- FREE (If participating in competition)
- $15.00 (if not participating in the competition)
Fun Shoot Dates:
Second and fourth Tuesday of every month
Fun Shoot Times: 6-6:55 p.m.
Prior to every competition, customers will have the opportunity to warm up for the following competitions or to just have fun shooting at reactive targets.
Items Needed for Fun Shoot:
- Eye and ear protection (safety glasses are mandatory, over-the-glasses eye protection will be required for those with prescription lenses)
- A forward facing billed hat
- A handgun ( .22 LR - .45)
- A holster or gun case
- Magazine pouches (optional)
COMPETITION SAFETY RULES AND RANGE COMMANDS:
SAFETY IS THE PRIMARY GOAL DURING THESE COMPETITIONS, THEREFORE, A COLD RANGE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. TO HELP MAINTAIN A COLD RANGE, SHOOTERS ARE REQUIRED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES AND POLICIES.
ONE'S FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE PROCEDURES AND POLICIES WILL DISQUALIFY THEM FROM THE COMPETITION AND FUTURE COMPETITIONS.
THE FOLLOWING SAFETY BREECHES ARE ALL GROUNDS FOR A PERSON'S IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE COMPETITION AND EXPULSION FROM THE RANGE.
NOT OBSERVING THE RANGE OFFICER'S COMMANDS
A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE
BREAKING THE 180 DEGREE FIRING LINE
"MUZZLING" OR "FLAGGING" ANOTHER WITH A FIREARM
HANDLING A FIREARM BEHIND THE FIRING LINE AND DURING A NO SHOOT PERIOD (COLD RANGE)
BELOW ARE THE RANGE COMMANDS TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH.
"Shooters to the Line"
- Shooters that were "on deck" move to the firing line.
"Load, Make Ready"
- shooters unholster or uncase their firearms.
- Shooters load their firearms.
- Shooters assume the low ready position.
- No response necessary
- If "no", shout it loud enough for the RSO to hear
- Shooters wait for the signal to begin engaging their targets
"Fire" or Audible Buzz from Shot Timer
- Shooters engage their targets
"Winner" or Buzz
- At the signal, shooters cease firing. A winner has been identified.
"Unload and Show Clear"
- Shooters lock their slides open or open their cylinders and show the RSO an empty chamber.
"Hammer Down and Holster"
- Once the firearm is deemed clear, the shooters will dry fire their firearm and reholster or recase their firearm.