Competition Dates: Scheduled at various times throughout the year
Competition Times: 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
This event is open to the public on a walk-in basis. Competitors can run the course twice for the listed price and additional runs for an additional charge of $5.00, however, the best of the first two runs will be the recorded time.
Beginning in the low ready position, shooters will begin the course of fire engaging the targets as briefed prior to the start of the run. The competitor with the fastest time will win the prize.
Competition is open to all firearms equipped with any optic, light, laser, etc (no head lamps or hand-held light).
Items Needed for Competition:
- Eye and ear protection
- A handgun (.45 Maximum)
- At least 70 rounds of ammunition
- A holster or gun case
- At least three (3) magazines
- Magazine pouches (optional)
COMPETITION SAFETY RULES AND RANGE COMMANDS:
SAFETY IS THE PRIMARY GOAL DURING THESE COMPETITIONS, THEREFORE, A COLD RANGE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. TO HELP MAINTAIN A COLD RANGE, SHOOTERS ARE REQUIRED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES AND POLICIES.
ONE'S FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE PROCEDURES AND POLICIES WILL DISQUALIFY THEM FROM THE COMPETITION AND FUTURE COMPETITIONS.
THE FOLLOWING SAFETY BREECHES ARE ALL GROUNDS FOR A PERSON'S IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE COMPETITION AND EXPULSION FROM THE RANGE.
NOT OBSERVING THE RANGE OFFICER'S COMMANDS
A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE
BREAKING THE 180 DEGREE FIRING LINE
"MUZZLING" OR "FLAGGING" ANOTHER WITH A FIREARM
HANDLING A FIREARM BEHIND THE FIRING LINE AND DURING A NO SHOOT PERIOD (COLD RANGE)
BELOW ARE THE RANGE COMMANDS TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH.
"Shooter to the Line"
- The shooter steps to the starting position.
- The shooter unholsters or uncases their firearm.
- The shooter loads their firearm.
- The shooter assumes the low ready position.
- No response necessary
- If "no", shout it loud enough for the RSO to hear
- The shooter waits for the signal to begin engaging their targets and running through the course.
"Fire" or Audible Buzz from Shot Timer
- The shooter engages their targets
- At the signal, the shooters ceases firing.
"Unload and Show Clear"
- The shooter will lock their slide open or open their cylinders and show the RSO an empty chamber.
"Hammer Down and Holster"
- Once the firearm is deemed clear, the shooter will dry fire their firearm and reholster or recase their firearm.