Clay Pigeon Shootout
Duration: 2 Hours
Available Seats: 24 per competition
Safety Meeting Times:
The first 15 minutes of each competition (this is a mandatory meeting to participate)
Competition Times: 6-8 p.m.
In this double elimination, bracketed , and head-to-head event, competitors will compete until there is only one victor left.
Beginning in the low ready position, shooters engage the targets when signaled to do so. The first competitor to eliminate their targets is the winner. The less effective shooter will move down to the loser's bracket or is eliminated. If both competitors use all of their ammunition, but fail to eliminate all of the targets, or in the event of a tie, they will face off with only two vertically placed clays. The victor will advance.
Items Needed for Competition:
- Eye and ear protection (safety glasses are mandatory, over-the-glasses eye protection will be required for those with prescription lenses)
- A forward facing billed hat
- A handgun ( .22 LR - .45)
- 100-150 rounds of ammunition
- A holster or gun case
- At least two (2) magazines
- Magazine pouches (optional
COMPETITION SAFETY RULES AND RANGE COMMANDS:
SAFETY IS THE PRIMARY GOAL DURING THESE COMPETITIONS, THEREFORE, A COLD RANGE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. TO HELP MAINTAIN A COLD RANGE, SHOOTERS ARE REQUIRED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES AND POLICIES.
ONE'S FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE PROCEDURES AND POLICIES WILL DISQUALIFY THEM FROM THE COMPETITION AND FUTURE COMPETITIONS.
THE FOLLOWING SAFETY BREECHES ARE ALL GROUNDS FOR A PERSON'S IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE COMPETITION AND EXPULSION FROM THE RANGE.
NOT OBSERVING THE RANGE OFFICER'S COMMANDS
A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE
BREAKING THE 180 DEGREE FIRING LINE
"MUZZLING" OR "FLAGGING" ANOTHER WITH A FIREARM
HANDLING A FIREARM BEHIND THE FIRING LINE AND DURING A NO SHOOT PERIOD (COLD RANGE)
BELOW ARE THE RANGE COMMANDS TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH.
"Shooters to the Line"
- Shooters that were "on deck" move to the firing line.
"Load, Make Ready"
- shooters unholster or uncase their firearms.
- Shooters load their firearms.
- Shooters assume the low ready position.
- No response necessary
- If "no", shout it loud enough for the RSO to hear
- Shooters wait for the signal to begin engaging their targets
"Fire" or Audible Buzz from Shot Timer
- Shooters engage their targets
"Winner" or Buzz
- At the signal, shooters cease firing. A winner has been identified.
"Unload and Show Clear"
- Shooters lock their slides open or open their cylinders and show the RSO an empty chamber.
"Hammer Down and Holster"
- Once the firearm is deemed clear, the shooters will dry fire their firearm and reholster or recase their firearm.